Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ergonomics please...

Or why I will not buy Everest brand spices any more.

I buy spices sold in cuboid boxes, so that I can store them in my freezer (yes I *really* do -- they stay wonderfully fresh that way :-P). The boxes are stored in the freezer door, with the narrow edge of the box visible to me. Other brands (MDH, Catch) make sure that the NAME of the spice is mentioned on the narrow edge, making it easy for me to get the one I need out quickly.

*Older* designs of Everest also had the name of the spice (along with a different color/picture on each box), making it easy for me to get what I wanted quickly. Not any more. This brand now has fancy black boxes with colorful pictures ONLY on the broad side of the box, with just the company name on the narrow edge. So the only way to get *a* particular spice from the line of boxes is by lifting EACH box till I get to the one I want.

No way! I don't have that kind of time to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment