Thursday, November 10, 2011

Flipkart, Too, is a Cheat?

Update (11/11/2011): Flipkart customer service called saying it was an error and the book is now listed at Rs 295, with a discounted price of Rs 221. I was offered either store credit or a refund. I opted for the former and have received it. 

_________________________________________________________

I am extremely disappointed to be writing this blogpost.

I ordered the book "I Too Had a Dream" from flipkart.com. It was advertised at Rs 395, and marked down to Rs 296. I dutifully paid Rs 296, and waited for the book to arrive.

The MRP printed on the book delivered by flipkart was Rs 295.I feel terribly cheated by this underhand way of marking up and then marking down a book. It is a book I wanted to read; I would I have bought it *anyway*. Why this charade of offering a discount?

Also, isn't it downright illegal to sell it for MORE than it costs (even by a rupee)?

_________________________________________________________
More Flipkart horror here.

2 comments:

  1. I think u should drop a mail to their ID cs@flipkart.com. It may not be deliberate on their part...

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    I am sending the mail regarding the order No. OD21104232230.

    On Friday, Nov 9 2012 I had ordered a laptop from flipkart.While the item was in my 'cart'. I telephoned the flipkart customer care to confirm the screen type(Matte/Glossy) & on Saturday, I received a call informing me that the screen was Glossy. When I logged into flipkart, I see the price increased by about 4000 Rupees.Its obvious that the price was increased after my inquiry.

    This is my second incident with flipkart regarding the price inconsistencies.(The previous on was regrading the headphone - Sound Magic PL 30. My product review regarding this was removed.I ignored it then b'cos it was just a matter of 300 RS).

    I have screenshots regarding my order & phone calls for record.I emailed them but they say they can do nothing.Please help.

    ReplyDelete