Sunday, April 11, 2010

How do I Win?

I played Monopoly after years with my soon-to-be-7 year old son yesterday. It was his first time, and even as he absorbed the rules of buying property, collecting salary, getting rent and going to jail, he kept asking me -- how do I win?

I thought about it and even looked over the rules briefly. As far as I could tell, you can't win or lose at Monopoly. Much like life -- it goes on with its ups and downs till it comes to an end.

The person who cornered most of the properties on the board kept going to jail :-P. My son learned about "profit" when he had to buy property from me at more its market value. He diligently saved up to build "houses". He learned about income tax -- you are so rich that they want money from you to build roads :-P.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment