Sunday, April 8, 2012

Airtel ... Aarggghhh!!!

Unfortunately for me, I am an Airtel Broadband customer.

Last month, I received an email stating that a pack worth Rs 85 had been activated on my account. I called up the complaint number (198) and got it cancelled, and also said that I *never* wanted any service activated automatically.

So far, so good. Until ... 30 days later, I got the following email: 
"On your request our Customer Care Executive has made purchase for you, the PC Secure subscription has been activated for your airtel broadband ID ...
Price(INR): 85.00/-"

Once again I called up the complaint number (and navigated through irritating options till I was able to speak to a "human"), to be told that I wouldn't be charged, and if by chance I was, I could call and get it reversed. I wasn't satisfied (given that this was the second time it was happening). I asked for a complaint #, which the customer "care" representative refused to provide. Instead I was connected (after a long hold), to the "escalation" department who tried to tell me that unless customers give "feedback" how would Airtel know? And then tried to blame the email on the "server" that sent it!

The above interactions clearly indicate:
*> Airtel doesn't care two hoots about customer service.
*> Airtel is opportunistic and will not hesitate to slap on charged unless you track communication *very* carefully.
*> Airtel hires morons as programmers who are unable to draft emails that indicate a service is free if it is free, and put customers through torture of interacting with customer "care".
*> Airtel has no concept of quality control -- why send repeated emails to customers saying they will be charged for (what they later claim) are free services?
*> Airtel Customer Care Dept is (probably) taking higher management for a right royal ride -- by not issuing complaint numbers to customers who call with complaints (and then claiming to have great service -- see? no complaint #s?)

Airtel surely makes the pointy haired community proud of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment